There were things I did this year that were scary at the time, but now they seem so - Not trivial, but the scariness has been shrunk.
If I’m living the best way I can, then I’m growing every day. I’m a little different every day, so the scary things change with me. As they do with you.And also, a lot of the scary things were about art business stuff. The list is supposed to be about exploring myself - not selling myself!
This post is different. I’m just going to bullet list some things I did without details. This way I can be true to the journey I’ve been on this year, but hopefully not be accused of making this a sales pitch. So listen, if you ever want to talk about some the items below feel welcome to DM me. We can coffee & get to know each other. I’d like that. Maybe.
- Ask connections for advice
- Openly sell myself as an artist
- Launched a workshop
- Directly approach the subject of payment
- Took a day off work to be at a maker fair (OH SNAP - IT’S HAPPENING)
- Started the plan to move to full time artist
- Opened up about sex assaults. That was probably a healthy dose of anger & fear - fanger
Don’t be afraid to be scared.